A programmer with up-to-date skills and knowledge is essential for the technological growth of companies; their abilities are important to optimize logistics and solve problems.
You must be wondering, with so many programming languages available to learn, which one should I choose? Don't worry, you are reading the right article. Here we will tell you about the programming languages that technology companies are looking for today.
We have gathered information from our engineers, basing ourselves on engineering articles and Stack Overflow's annual developer survey.
THE MAIN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
- Java: It is a programming language for backend development, and cloud platforms. In addition, Java is still a stable language that supports large companies such as: NASA, Netflix, Spotify, LinkedIn, Uber, Amazon and many more.
Today, it is still the fifth most popular technology according to Stack Overflow.
- C#: It is a high-level, object-oriented, general-purpose programming language. On the backend side, .NET Core makes it easy to publish APIs.
These languages are popular with investment banks, especially for creating client-side graphical user interfaces.
- C/C++: C++ can be considered an extended version of C.
They are cross-platform languages, meaning that they can be compiled in many systems. These languages are used in investment banking and other business fields.
- Python: Used in a wide variety of fields, including software development, data science, and more. Python is one of the most popular programming languages for Machine Learning and Data Science. This technology is used in the development of applications such as: Instagram, Pinterest, Disqus, Uber, Reddit, Dropbox, Spotify, Google Search, Youtube, and many more.
According to Stack Overflow, Python overtook SQL to become the third most popular technology, and Node.JS became the sixth most popular technology.
- Kotlin: If you are seriously thinking about Android app development, then Kotlin is the programming language to learn this year. Kotlin is a programming language that is part of the JVM family. It is concise and easy to read and maintain.
- Golang: It is a general purpose programming language, easy to learn and with a clean syntax. Go has become one of the leading programming languages.
- Swift: Is a programming language created in 2014 by Apple. If you are thinking about iOS development to make iPhone and iPad apps, then you should seriously consider learning Swift in 2022.
- Rust: The best programming language for real-time systems development. It won the award for "most loved programming language" in Stack Overflow's developer survey.
- PHP: If you thought PHP was dead, you are sorely mistaken. Fifty percent of the websites on the Internet are built with PHP. Due to the growing online trend, PHP developers are in high demand.
Programming languages are tools that, depending on how they are used, may or may not be useful in almost any given scenario or circumstance. It is important to understand that if good practices and guidelines are followed when programming, any language is efficient in almost any environment. We hope this article has helped you, thanks for reading!