Today, companies are opting for different working methods that allow them to work in a more dynamic, comfortable and efficient environment. Agile is a word widely used in the technology industry to describe an alternative project management philosophy.
WHAT IS AGILE MINDSET?
When we speak of agile mindset, we mean a set of values and principles that are beneficial to the company, the team, the customer and the product. Originally, this mindset was developed within the software industry by streamlining and improving the process of developing new applications, encouraging timely problem solving, and involving stakeholders in the process as early as possible.
Using this philosophy, projects are divided into small intervals that give quick and incremental results, provide frequent feedback that keeps the project on track and maximize the value of what is delivered. Agile projects have more emphasis on producing value while using little documentation.
Without an agile mindset, the journey to manage an agile project is likely to be more difficult and problematic. On the other hand, if you develop the thinking, it's all going to go easier and make more sense.
To be agile is to internalize and incorporate the values and principles into one’s way of thinking and behavior. They must be in all the actions that are going to be executed in the team. Remember that the methodology you choose will determine whether you are being agile or not.
The emergence of the agile mindset was marked by the publication of the famous agile manifesto, which presents the values of this type of project management thinking.
- Individuals and interaction over processes and tools.
- Working software over comprehensive documentation.
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation.
- Responding to change over following a plan.
It is important to emphasize that, to function agilely, you must first work on the agile mentality, so you must know the values, live them and encourage others to live them as part of your daily work.
BENEFITS OF ADOPTING THE AGILE MINDSET
The benefits of the agile mindset can vary from one organization to another and from one project to another. However, here we highlight some of the most common benefits.
- Adaptability: The agile methodology is based on the ability to adapt to the unpredictable, an alternative approach for companies to manage their projects.
- Efficient use of resources: In agile thinking, the adjustments to the project are identified as it develops, thanks to constant feedback from the client and the team. This mentality will be more efficient in terms of value, use of effort and time, with cost reduction as a side effect.
- Customer satisfaction: The customer continually receives valuable deliverables that are aligned to their needs, which allows them to see the continual progress. Development progress has great visibility and flexibility to change.
- Organizational agility: There is the ability to renew, adapt, change quickly and succeed in an uncertain environment. With an agile mindset, teams can quickly adapt to changing market needs, respond to customer feedback, and deliver business value.
We hope this article has been useful to you, and we invite you to follow our blog: https://www.assuresoft.com/blog