Regardless of where you work, it is important to adopt and maintain good work habits because they will give a climate for better, more productive work. You need good habits to guide you to excellent results. So, put the following work habits into practice, and you will be more successful, as well as feeling happier, healthier and more satisfied in your work.
- Commit Yourself to Progress: Try to give the best of yourself professionally and personally. Individual qualities produce quality results. Take initiative and responsibility to prepare yourself with specialized courses, workshops or independent study. Be motivated to apply what you know with enthusiasm and passion in everything you do. Move out of your comfort zone. Propose alternatives. Dare to experiment. Constantly ask: “What is the main goal?”
- Commit Yourself to Efficiency: Try to use your time in the best ways. Wasted time and effort means that we will all have less. Be punctual, which demonstrates responsibility, order, and respect for others. Being precise about when you come to work gives you the right to be precise about leaving. Keep your work space as orderly as possible, which helps avoid losing time looking for things. Organize your time with prioritized lists of tasks to do. Constantly ask: “What is the best thing for me do now?”
- Commit Yourself to Improvement: Try to be open to correction. No one is perfect, and recognizing errors makes you more valuable, not less valuable. Be self-reflective about your personal and professional development. Be critical of your methods. Ask for constructive criticism, and welcome it when it comes. Make changes when a better way appears. Constantly ask: “Is this the best that I can be?”
- Commit Yourself to Collaborate: Try to help others succeed. Their success is our success. Be cordial, respectful and polite to your co-workers, especially to those who are different from you. Have good personal hygiene, including neat, clean clothes. Hygiene is not only necessary to maintain a pleasant atmosphere, but also to prevent disease. Maintain your workspace clean. Share new ideas and suggestions, and give constructive criticism in a respectful, nondemanding way. Respond appropriately to requests for change. Ask for help. Constantly ask: “What can I do to make things better for everyone?”
- Don’t Overdo it: Try to separate personal life from work. We all need to disconnect and rest to be happy and healthy, and to be able to work effectively. Avoid being 24 hours a day connected to your company's chat, and try not to take work home with you. Enjoy essential aspects of life such as family, leisure and social relations in general. Constantly ask: “Is my life balanced with all of the important ingredients?”
Having good habits helps one to lead a life full of satisfaction and well-being. Apply these habits in different aspects of your life, and you will achieve a pleasant atmosphere for yourself and the people around you.